Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vitamin i

So, my friends and family keep reminding me that it has been a while since my last post. Looking back, I have not even taken any real photos of Jake or the family since 7/31- so I can't even post much in the photo department. Sheesh! Talk about a slacker! I know what it is though... It is sad.

Jake is going to grow up thinking he has to get his daily dose of vitamin i... just like mommy and daddy. There is no question where it comes from. Most days you can find us basking in the iLight. If we are at the table eating breakfast, we are reading the newspaper. While playing outside, we are checking the mail. During lunch you can find us scaning for something fun to listen to. At dinner, we will be randomly searching for something fun to do, looking for the nearest ice cream shop, etc. At any point we may be having multiple conversations with various friends... just with the tap of a finger (and thumb if you are good!). Sitting in bed, we will be reading any current news since the morning's news paper. Then, I make sure my alarm is set and look at my calendar to see the events of the next day...

Its that stinkin' iPhone.

Vitamin i: the vitamin emitted my the light (iLight) that beams off of the iPhone while in use.

Did life exist before them? I mean, what did people do? Walk to the mail box to retreive mail? Go out to the curb to get the news paper? Call a friend or family member on the cell phone, much less on a land line?? Use the phone book or even a personal address book? Listen to the Radio? Use an alarm clock? Really? Is this all part of a certain era-i.e. the ice age? Will we find all of these useless outdated items (newspaper, cards, letters, phonebooks, photographs, etc) trapped in the next set of tar pits?

I even installed a wireless modem so that we could have a faster internet connection since we live in the boonies...

I can't imagine what life would be like if we did not have the iPhone. Maybe all of the iLight being emitted is what's causing Global Warming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! KEEP BLOGGING!!!
I hear ya sister. I am a techie gadget lover and my sprint Instinct phone is rarely idle by my side. E-mail, texting, web, news, etc……

Not sure how we survived in the 80’s/90’s without all this cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

Tagged you with a meme on my blog if you would like to participate! Have a good weekend!
colepack.blogspot.net